Satire Essay Topics List
According to the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, satire is defined as “humor that is used to make fun of and often show the weaknesses of someone or something.” Satirical or satire essays often make use of humor, irony, and hyperbole to poke fun or criticize an object or a person. A majority of these are aimed at politicians, particular events, or even celebrities. The purpose of writing a satirical essay is simply to entertain readers and therefore, topic selection is indeed critical.
Consequently, here are examples of satire essay topics you can consider when writing your essay:
- Increased fixation with social media platforms.
- Employment: The harder you work, the lesser the pay.
- The US government struggle to develop a new health care act.
- The federal budget and its flaws.
- Kevin Durant getting booed in return to Oklahoma.
- The rift between Dalai Lama and the Chinese government.
- Increased rate of teenage pregnancies.
- Workplace harassment.
- Sexual harassment in the workplace.
- Gender bias in the workplace.
- Problems the upper-class individuals face.
- Facebook and Instagram friends are the best.
- How to twist a lie and make it convincing.
- Why school is a waste of time.
- Video game skills should be considered during job interviews.
- Why the phrase “Any publicity is good publicity” makes zero sense.
- The recipe of being an annoying human being.
- How to change from an extrovert to an introvert.
- Special guidelines on how to fail in your exams.
- Do politicians tell lies?
- Why should the Avengers lead our troops in the fight against ISIS?
- Why I will hire Mike Ross and Harvey Specter as my lawyers?
- Do we really need gun control?
- Why global warming is simply a hoax?
- Advantages of being homeless.
- Do we really need the freedom of speech?
- Writing a movie review on a movie you have never watched.
- How to avoid getting punished even while you are on the wrong?
- How to pass your exams without studying?
- Reasons why dropping out of school is important for some people.
- Why it is important to have your teenager son/daughter as your financial advisor.
- Why you should be friends with your parents on social media.
- Why it is important not to ignore strangers.
- Reasons why some men should consider being stay-at-home dads.
- Why your pet will never assume the role of your best friend.
- What diseases has music really cured?
- If the ozone layer is depleted, what will we be left with?
- Who is the slave, man or technology?
- What should be the appropriate sentence or punishment for animal cruelty charges?
- What exactly is meant by the phrase “rat race”?
- Are rats also involved in their rat race?
- Reasons why girls workout more than boys.
- Eliminating currency can help solve the problem of lack of money.
- Why cars should be banned to help reduce air pollution.
- Why FIFA should make soccer watching illegal to avert the dangers of hooliganism.
- Food should be distributed according to a person’s body weight.
- Equal salaries are the only solution to help eliminate social prejudice.
- What will we do when the graves become overcrowded?
- Using illegal immigrants as free workforce can help prevent others from coming.
- Why TV shows currently make a strong case to be considered as babysitters.
- If you wake up as Kanye West tomorrow, would you remain married to Kim?
- As president for a day, which basketball game would you rush to watch?
- Each country should build a wall round its borders to help keep its people in.
- Is healthcare as complicated as the Republicans are making it to be?
- Will it ever be possible to assign one’s sleeping time to a robot?
- Should teachers be required to wear uniforms?
- How to win an argument with your girlfriend.
- How to break up with your girlfriend via social media.
- A guy’s hairdo advice for girls.
- Steps on how to be annoying on social media.
- How politicians lie and blame it on their duty to the citizens.
- Things to do to avoid getting into a relationship.
- What to do when your boss finds you mocking them.
- Ten reasons why brushing your teeth brings you closer to your grave.
- What are some of the problems that the working class individuals face?
- How to arrange and have an awkward date with your crush.
- Why Donald Trump is my hero.
- How not to do your chores.
- What to do when surrounded by zombies.
- If my identity is stolen, will I have a different face?
- How to always show up late for dates.
- How not to get asked what you are currently doing with your life.
- How aliens built the Great Chinese Wall.
- How to breakup with your girlfriend without talking to her.
- How to defeat terrorists by downing our fighting gear.
- How to be a nosy friend.
- Here are some of the real causes of global warming.
- Why I will be voting for Captain America as the 46th President of the United States.
- Why we need an off button for the Internet.
- Why conservative media houses should exclusively cover news regarding Trump.
- Google is indeed making us more knowledgeable and hard-working individuals.
- Why I prefer North Korea’s press freedom to ours.
- Why women lift heavier weights than men especially in the gym.
- Why recycling is the worst remedy for environmental pollution.
- Top 10 reasons why Russia is America’s closest ally.
- Reasons why Brexit is good for Britain.
- Five reasons why animals should have equal rights as human beings.
- Why deforestation must continue to help accommodate the surging number of people.
- Is capitalism the direct opposite of communism?
- Should people be forced into interracial marriages so as to help eliminate racial discrimination?
- Why Kenneth Bone became an Internet sensation during the presidential debate.
- Five reasons why President Trump was sniffing a lot during the debate.
- Why President Trump has the best temperament compared to a majority of former US presidents.
- Why President Trump is likely to deliver on all of his promises before his first 100 days in office are over.
- Why I prefer taking the trash out over all other chores.
- Why the barter system is better than the current monetary system.
- How students can experience a stress-free environment in college.
- How mathematics came to be my favorite subject in school.
- Why the government is right to infringe on our privacy.
- Where do all the mismatched socks disappear to?
- Some of the inherent mistakes within our families.
Why Write about Humorous Topics?
Find out how funny argumentative essay topics can get the attention of your tutor.
Is it your aim to get your tutor’s attention? The process of grading student papers can be quite a boring one. If, however, your essay is humorous it can a) cause your tutor to laugh, b) make them remember you, and c) even motivate them to hike up your all-important grade! Better still, writing your essays will be more fun and a good topic will help you stay awake as you toil into the small hours. You may make your essay sarcastic, ironic, or just plain amusing.
Take inspiration from these topic ideas to write funny college essays!
Use sarcasm to be amusing!
Why spam email is your favorite type of message.
Why your brain does not get fried by violent-type movies.
Describe what you think your dog (or other pet) is thinking.
Choose your favorite infomercial and say why your readers or yourself should swallow every word hook line and sinker.
Why gaming is the only thing you are expert at.
Why videos with funny animals appeal to people.
Why your favorite US store is Walmart.
Why customers are always wrong.
Why everyone needs their daily Starbucks fix of coffee.
Name two important things driving instructors never tell you.
What you would like to say to an officer who gives you a ticket.
How smoking helps your health.
What you love about your surname.
Why teenage workers should get the worst available jobs and lowest pay.
How you always feel happy when your computer crashes.
How you can write better essays if pot were legalized.
Humor is Good for People … More Topics!
Why do people have so many mismatched socks, and where do odd socks go?
Describe the results of over-tanning.
What is the world’s worst ever song.
The tricks that make it look as if someone is actually doing some work when they are not.
Describe what the world would be like if it were ruled by cats, dogs, or hamsters? (Choose an animal).
How your life was changed by Barbie.
Why dental braces are fun to wear.
Choose a comedian and say why they are your hero.
Why the kisses you get from a dog are best.
Why you hate a certain type of music e.g. jazz, hip-hop, rap, classic rock, country and western, and so on.
The reasons people like watching shows with shark attacks.
Ways to pretend you like watching a particular sport or any sport.
Why you should land a great job because of your video gaming skills.
Ways to win a contest for the worst ever tattoo.
What it really feels like to resemble a catwalk model or a doll like Barbie.
Why you get frightened by Mickey Mouse or some other cartoon figure, clown, celebrity, or icon.
More Funny Argumentative Essay Topics for College Students
Family-Related Topics with a Fun Twist
How you know you are having a bad day when your mom does not even remember your birthday.
Ways to get money from your parents.
Why your family begins every meal with dessert.
Things your mother is always saying.
Why you want to join someone else’s family.
Why it is essential for every teenager to have an iPhone or similar device.
Why you should have been your parents’ only child.
Best ways to really irritate your hapless parents and other members of your family.
Why it is imperative for teenagers to take control of their family’s credit card(s).
Why dads should be the ones to stay at home.
Why it is essential to get your grandma her own iPhone.
What really goes on in your dog’s mind i.e. what are they thinking?
What the world would be like if it were ruled by cats.
The mistakes your parents have made but it is now too late.
What feminism ever did for you?
Why your dog really is an irreplaceable friend.
Relationship Matters to Laugh At!
Ways to make oneself popular.
Ways to make a date extremely awkward.
The things girls would like guys to know.
The things guys would like girls to know.
Ten things that say a guy or girl has no interest in you.
Ten things that say a guy or girl is interested in you.
How your friends on Instagram are your best ones.
How dates differ in type and the different types.
The advice a guy would give a girl about makeup.
Tips on breaking up with a boy or girlfriend.
Ways to irritate one’s parents and/or other members of one’s family.
What not to do to win over your dream girl or boy.
Ways to lose one’s BFF.
How to win back friends or become reinstated in the “friendship zone.”
Why the “no news being good news” rule is not applicable to your social or personal life.
Certain things that guys hate about girls.
Why are there no games called the Un-Hunger Games?
How to get away with telling the odd white lie.
How to avoid being asked on a data or how you should not go about asking a boy or girl to go on a date.
Why should politicians watch more funny animal videos?
Ways to be very annoying i.e. in real-life or on Twitter, Facebook or on some other social media site.
Why you would like another person to steal your identity.
Ways to become an obnoxious boy or girlfriend.
Why do girls do more exercise than their male counterparts?
An Opportunity to Comment on Social Matters
How some advertising can be very effective.
What has feminism ever done for you?
Sissies have no place in the climate change debate.
Tips on winning friends and influencing teachers.
Why recycling only applies to sissies.
Why it is not so bad to be homeless.
What you would like to say to an officer who gave you a ticket.
How you can tell when a politician is lying or being truthful.
Choose a celebrity, movie star, or fictional character and say why they should become the next US president.
What is the best way for getting things done quickly in Washington?
How global warming is really caused.
Ways to win the terrorist war – even without trying.
Why certain animals should be given more authority or rights than humans.
What is really meant by “organic foodstuffs.”
Why people are smarter because of Google.
Why your friend is Talk radio.
Name the things that make smog loveable.
Why a lesser amount of gun control is needed.
Why free speech should be abolished.
Several things that are good about stereotypes.
Why radioactive waste is everyone’s friend.
Great Essay Topics for School Jokers
Why your teacher should never give you anything below an “A” grade.
Ways to annoy your fellow students and/or roommate(s).
How to make your time in college stress-free.
Choose a person, one of your teachers perhaps, and say why the nation should make them a hero.
Ways to be successful in school or college, even without trying very hard.
Why English, science, math (or some other subject of your choosing) is your favorite school subject.
Why studying late into the night is really beneficial for a student.
Why teachers in high schools should not retire – ever.
Tips for writing book reports on books you have not even read.
How you can complete college papers one hour before they are due.
Why it is essential for all teenagers to have an iPhone or similar device at school.
What would you do if your housemate put a biology specimen (or some part of their project) in your home refrigerator.
Why certain people should not continue in high school.
Why all Texan girls want to become cheerleaders.
What you love about fundraising.
Ways you can prompt a roommate to leave or move.
Why you love repeating the allegiance pledge.
Describe the college you would love to go to.
How to simultaneously work hard at college but still have a lot of fun.
What you can really learn from an intelligence test.
Best ways not to sleep well at college.
Why I should be admitted to your university or college.
Why the stereotypes you find in high school can be beneficial to you.
How standardized tests are good for you.
Finally, a few funny college essay prompts on how to write for fun
Do not forget that virtually any paper can be turned into a sarcastic or humorous piece provided by you.
Use exaggerated examples.
Begin sentences with intensifying transitional words, e.g., above all, but as well as that, even though, however, moreover, nevertheless, not only, and so on.
Take a stance on an over-the-top, ridiculous, or unrealistic side of an issue.
Use a lot of extreme adverbs and adjectives.
Argue for what should not be done instead of what one should do.